Best Electric Breast Pump – Reviews and Buyers Guide
Finding the best electric pump for your needs can be a hard task, which is why we have started this site. We go through the various options on offer to help make it easier for you to find the best electric breast pump.
- What is an Electric Breast Pump
- Recommended Electric Breast Pumps
- What to consider when choosing a pump
What is an Electric Breast Pump
An electric breast pump can be the perfect piece of kit when you choose to feed your baby breast milk. For most mums they are definitely worth the extra money as they do all the work for you.
If your not too sure what an electric breast pump does it mimics a baby’s natural feeding action for improved breast milk expression.
What to consider when picking a pump
- Electric single breast pump – this type of unit is powered by a single pump, which means you would only be able to express milk from a one breast at a time. This might be more useful when you do not need to express milk on a regular basis. The single pump design means that the unit tends to be more compact and easier to maneuver.
- Electric double breast pump – this type of breast pump is equipped with a dual pump. The dual pump easily allows breast milk to be expressed from both breasts at the same time. This dual action can help to express milk quicker and tend to be a better option if you need to express milk more often. However due to the design of the double pump it is bigger and awkward to move around in comparison to a single pump.
- Manual or Electric Breast Pump – so what are the benefits of an electric pump over a manual. The biggest benefit is that electric pumps are generally faster at expressing milk than other methods. They also come with various settings that allow you to control the speed of expressing milk. So are perfect for those mothers who have limited time to express milk.