Medela Single Breast Pump Review – Pros, Cons and Verdict
The Medela Swing Single Breast pump is a portable and convenient pump for lactating mothers who need relief from the tightness of too much milk.
It has adjustable stroke settings that can be changed depending on the user’s comfort. This Medela model has proven to be beneficial and helpful, especially for quick pumping.
This single pump from Medela pump is a smart choice for budget conscious parents since it has lower in price compared to the high-end Medela pump, but it has a lot of functions that mothers can take advantage of.
It works both with electricity or batteries. It is very handy with its size and can be used for emergency in public places, without scandalizing other people. The act will be done in a discreet manner. It’s the smallest among other breast pumps in the market. In addition, you don’t need to experience the discomfort of bringing bulky pumps when you go out.
To avoid complication, Medela Single Mini has one full expression, but can be adjusted depending on your needs.
It includes BPA free mini-containers that are safe for milk storage. This is really advisable for regular use because it’s so easy to hold and the weight is more than appropriate. It also costs less compared to other breast pumps for money and milk saving at one convenient time.
- It will work with disposable batteries. It comes with easy to read manual and instructions.
- Small size for 100 percent convenience.
- It has gentle features; adjustable single phase expression for that comfort and convenience.
- All materials involved in milk production and storage are approved to be BPA-free polypropylene. That is, 100 percent safe for milk storage.
- It requires 2 AA alkaline batteries. It will also work if plugged directly to a power outlet.
- The product is famous for its convenience and portability.
- It can be used with one hand while the other hand is assisting the baby, unlike other pumps that need your 100 percent attention.
- It saves power since it will function with the use of disposable batteries.
- It’s light in weight and smaller in size to avoid additional baggage when travelling. It’s affordable as well.
- Cleaning this breast pump can be challenging since you need to remove the tube to avoid spills or milk storage that can ruin it.
What Do users say
“This is my third electric pump..and beats the other brands by faaar 🙂 I’m in love with this pump its fast , effective, and pain free. However, if you’re looking for a discreet pump..this is not the choice for you. Noise is not an issue for me as long as it does the job.”
Lubna, Amazon Customer
“Brilliant breast pump this is the third pump I have used and its amazing especially for the price! I was unsure whether to get the medela swing at 100 pounds or this one, I spoke to a friend who explained this one worked for her so after already spending ££’s I took a chance and ordered the cheaper option so glad I did! Definitely recommend! it works just as good as the hospital grade medela I have used. I have used it on battery although mostly use plugged in. On battery it is noisy but still does the job. Happy pumping :)”
Becca, Amazon Customer
“Had previously purchased hand express pumps and no success. After purchasing this i was relieved to find i could express quickly and a lot. I was able to express 5 ounces in 10 minutes, I’ve been lucky to express that much in 10 hours using the tippee manual pump!! Yes it does have quite a loud mechanism but considering the good job it does it doesn’t matter in the least, it doesn’t bother my daughter who sleeps through it anyway. Easy to put together and dismantle to sterilise. I used it up to 4 times a day for half an hour at a time and the components didn’t fail at all. I have now finished using it and have stored it for use for the next baby.”
Jemma Cope, Amazon Customer
The Medela Single Mini Electric Breastpump (click to view on Amazon) is perfect for working or travelling mothers. They will have the convenience of grabbing the pump, put it inside their handbag and they’re good to go. They can relieve themselves from the heaviness of milk storage on the mammary glands while assuring the safety on their baby. It will cost less money.